Monday, May 20, 2013

Back to Life, Back to Reality

I love the look of this blog. Its so me. A little bit of everything. I could live in a room like the wallpaper. When I saw it, it was perfect. Full of  vintage things, a pretty mess.

Just Enough Room for Love came to me as we downsized from our 4 bedroom, 3 1/2 bath, 3 level  1800 sq. feet townhouse to a two bedroom apartment. It was small, it was cramped, we got rid of a ton of stuff, (but not my law books and my files because I hang onto those for life, despite the fact they are dated and dusty and in truth I don't really want them but I think I do/should) and we squeezed into three rooms.

At times I thought I was going to suffocate from lack of space. The one thing I couldn't take in NYC was the lack of space. I grew up with my own room, my own space, hell for a good portion of my life I had a room big enough for a seating area and it's own fireplace. There are times no matter who it is, no matter how much I love them. I need them to back---the hell---up, and give me room. Yet, like NYC the one thing about this apartment and its lack of space was that the space that was there was so filled, with love. Like NYC that love along with all the amazing things that were right at the tip of my fingers made it more than ok. It made it perfect. Because you only need Just Enough Room for Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment